Let's Get Personal: About Me
I have a long blogging history, beginning 8 years ago while I was still in College with a little blog called The True Disney Fan. I enjoy writing and found this was a good way for me to get my thoughts and feelings out. It became rather successful as small blogs go, however it had to fall by the wayside as I began life on my own in Florida working for Walt Disney World. After my years there, I tried to come back to writing with a small blog called Any Adventure Goes (Sound familiar?), however life and working several jobs got in the way of that project.
Now that I have settled in my new area of Wilmington, North Carolina, I feel like I am able to devote time to one of my great passions once again! After discussing with a fellow travel agent about options for brining back a blog, she recommended I use the platform that I have here with my Travel Agent website. I already have an active blog ready to go here, plus it would give my guests a chance to get to know me better. So here I am, blogging for you once more.
And what exactly will I blog about? Why, anything that I feel like to be honest! Yes, I will have travel information, restaurant and area reviews and soon, posts on different travel discounts as they come up. In addition though I will have a commentary on a recipe I recently tried, a review of a book I read, a post about these new shoes that I got that I thought were super comfy because...well, why not?
In my About Me section, you learned about why I wanted to start my travel agency, but who actually am I? Obviously I am a lover of travel and Disney, but here are some basic facts to give you an idea of what I may write about:
- Musician for over 20 years (flute, piccolo, voice, saxophones)
- Special Education Teacher and lover of all things education and learning
- Rheumatoid Arthritis patient of 12 years
- Walker/Runner/Exercising....person (trying real hard to get in the habit, used to do half marathons before a poor health streak)
- Wanna-be Chef and lover of all things "Real Food" (See the awesome blog 100 Days of Real Food to see what I mean)
- Also lover of food as a whole
- Working on learning how to live a more Natural/Chemical Free lifestyle
- Former Home Owner (been through the whole buying and selling processes on my own, I applaud any realtors out there, its a draining and complex process)
- Occasional Video Gamer
- HufflePuff through and through
- History Buff (Revolutionary and Civil Wars fascinate me, but I am a fan of all history)
- Whovian (the 9th was my first, 10 is quirky and wonderful but 11's story archs BLOW MY MIND! Pure Genius! My favorite is River Song)
- Star Wars Fan
- Just all around NERD in case you couldn't tell
So just a few things about me. Any Whovians or Real Food eaters out there? Feel free to leave a comment below. If you would like me to write about something or to hear my opinion on something, let me know!